Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Outside Heath Ledger's New York Vigil

Outside Heath Ledger's New York Vigil: "Outside Heath Ledger's New York Vigil"

To explain, I went down to SoHo last night after work (around 10:00 pm) after buying a single yellow rose from the bodega around the corner. I took the six train to Spring St. and walked to Broome St. At the end, I saw all the news vans, and there was a small crowd still gathered around, questioning others about what they'd seen. I stopped across the street from the barricade and asked the first person I saw which building it was specifically, or if he knew which floor Heath lived on. I told him about the story of me meeting Heath at Starbucks. Then this guy held up a microphone with the Entertainment Tonight logo on it, and aksed if I would mind being interviewed. At first, I wasn't sure, because I thought I don't want to seem like I'm happy about being on TV. But then I thought, otherwise they'll pick some tourist teeny-bopper who'll just gush about how cute he was. At least I'm a big fan, and have been affected by this in a deeper way than the average moviegoer, and at least I can say that in a short meeting with him, I felt that he was a sincere and nice guy. So, that's what happened. I just want to add that I feel for his family, his mother, father, and sister, and step-family, grandparents and such. As my parents and others always say, it's not natural for a child to die before their parents. It's not the way of life. R.I.P.

No comments: